Back Pain Treatment From Your Downtown Toronto Chiropractor
By making everyday tasks difficult or impossible, back pain can reduce the quality of life, interfere with your career and can even prevent you from doing the things you enjoy. At the office of Dr. Brian Dower, Chiropractor, we help patients recover from back injuries and manage chronic back pain. As your back pain chiropractor in Toronto, we use a range of natural, gentle chiropractic techniques to reduce your pain.
Different Types of Back Pain
The approximate location of your pain can tell you a lot about the cause of your injury.
- Upper back pain. Upper back pain often happens as a result of ergonomic trouble, stress and whiplash.
- Middle back pain. Middle back pain can happen because of ergonomic problems, subluxations or a herniated disc.
- Lower back pain. Lower back pain is a problem that is commonly experienced because of poor twisting and lifting techniques.
When you come in for your first chiropractic treatment, your chiropractor may ask you questions about your lifestyle, dietary habits, genetic factors, previous injuries, and the location of your back pain. The answers to these questions, along with other diagnostic procedures, will help your chiropractor determine the cause of your back pain.
What Causes Back Pain
People experience back pain for many reasons. Some of the most common reasons that people experience back pain include:
- Poor posture and form. Poor posture puts strain on the muscles, joints and ligaments in the back.
- Career and ergonomics. Ergonomic strain can do long-term damage to your back, and can even lead to chronic pain.
- Active lifestyle. People who engage in hard physical activity are at risk for straining their back muscles.
- Bulging disc. A bulging disc in the back can cause pain, numbness and tingling.
Chiropractic Care Offers Effective Back Pain Treatment
Chiropractic care is a safe, gentle form of treatment that is effective for musculoskeletal pain, including back pain. At Dr. Brian Dower Chiropractic, we use a technique called spinal adjustment to return the vertebrae in the back to alignment. Spinal adjustment helps improve communication in the central nervous system, which in turn can help the body heal. In addition, spinal adjustment can help reduce patient pain, improve patient posture, reduce the chances of future injury and improve patient quality of life. In addition to spinal adjustment, we use the following techniques to help our patients heal from injuries:
- Stretches and Exercises. Stretches and exercises help improve range of motion and reduce muscle soreness.
- Cold Laser Therapy. Cold laser therapy is a non-invasive form of treatment that helps stimulate trigger points in the body, improve circulation, reduce pain and speed the healing process.
- Lifestyle Advice. Lifestyle advice helps patients make changes to their lifestyle to reduce the chances of future injury and help the body heal.
Contact Your Downtown Toronto Chiropractor
As your downtown Toronto chiropractor, we can help heal injuries that cause back pain. For patients suffering from chronic conditions, Dr. Brian Dower can help you reduce your pain and improve your quality of life. To make an appointment, call today at (416) 920-7275.