Frequently Asked Questions About Shoulder Pain Treatment From Dr. Brian Dower
Do you know the agony of shoulder pain personally? Have no fear! Dr. Brian Dower and his Toronto team likely have the answer. In fact, we have the answers to most of the frequently-asked questions about shoulder pain and how chiropractic care can help.
What Are the Common Causes of Shoulder Pain?
There are a plethora of common incidents or situations that may lead to shoulder pain. They can be directly affecting the structures of the shoulder or referred from another area of the body and merely presenting in the shoulder.
These causes include, but are not limited to …
- Neck and Upper Back Nerve Irritation, as these nerves provide power to the shoulder
- Adhesive Capsulitis – also known as Frozen Shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder joint
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Tendinitis – inflammation of the tendons in the shoulder due to rheumatic disease, overuse, and infection
- Shoulder Bursae – inflammation in the small sac of fluid near the shoulder joint, the bursa
- Sprains – a twisting or wrenching of the ligaments of a joint
- Strains – tearing or stretching tendon or muscle
- Tumors of the shoulder (this is exceedingly rare)
- Trauma such as that caused in a vehicular, sport, or slip and fall accident
Can a Chiropractor Help with Pain in the Shoulder?
Many of the causes of shoulder pain can be effectively corrected with the proper treatment. Others causes are more permanent, yet they can still find relief of pain, improved range of motion, and other benefits of chiropractic care.
By gathering essential information, Dr. Dower and his team will pinpoint the cause of your shoulder pain and develop a treatment plan individualized for your specific needs. Some of the tools used for gathering this info include:
- An oral medical, personal, and familial history
- A physical examination of the shoulder and the tissues surrounding it
- A neurological examination to establish nerve function, as well as Computer-Assisted analysis of the spine and its nerves
- Imaging tests like x-rays, MRIs, EMGs, ultrasounds, etc.
What Treatments Might a Chiropractor Use to Treat It?
Chiropractors like Dr. Dower have over 150 proven non-invasive techniques at their disposal. Among these treatment options are:
- Computer-Assisted Adjustments
- Muscle Release Technique
- Trigger Point therapy
- Kinesio Taping
- Manual spinal adjustments and manipulations
- Mobilizations – this includes the movement, stretching, and manipulation of the muscles and joints to release tension, compression, and pain.
Contact Dr. Brian Dower in Toronto, ON to Schedule an Appointment Today
Stop by the offices of Dr. Brian Dower on Park Road in Toronto, call our friendly professional staff at (416) 920-7275, or schedule an appointment online now to find out what we can do for you and your chiropractic needs.