Whiplash Treatment in Toronto
Whiplash is a common problem among car accident victims and is frequently seen by our Toronto chiropractors. This debilitating condition causes pain and stiffness that can make life difficult and unpleasant. Knowing how to identify symptoms of whiplash and seeking treatment for your injury after an accident occurs can help you make a quick recovery.
Whiplash Causes and Symptoms
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the head is jerked forward and then backward after an accident. Whiplash is caused by tiny tears that appear in the muscles and ligaments of the neck. Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Blurry vision
- Pain and stiffness in the neck
- Limited range of motion
- Limited mobility
- Difficulty concentrating
How Dr. Dower Treats Whiplash
At Dr. Brian Dower Chiropractor in downtown Toronto, Dr. Dower uses chiropractic treatment to help patients suffering from whiplash. Dr. Dower uses a variety of methods to treat whiplash, depending on the needs of the patient. Some of the most common methods that Dr. Dower uses to treat whiplash include:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment restores proper alignment to the vertebrae. Chiropractors use spinal adjustment to relieve patients of their subluxations, improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body, and help the body heal itself after an injury occurs.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients how to perform stretches and exercises that can help patients during their recovery. Stretches and exercises strengthen the muscles, improve patient coordination and improve patient range of motion.
- Lifestyle advice. We administer lifestyle advice to help patients make smart decisions that will speed their recovery and help them avoid further injury.
- Nutrition counseling. We offer nutrition counseling services because eating right can help reduce inflammation and give patients the energy they need to perform stretches and exercises and heal quickly.
Why You Should See a Chiropractor After a Car Accident
After a car accident occurs, many people wait to seek chiropractic treatment. In fact, it's common for patients to walk away from accidents believing they have sustained no injuries. This is because whiplash can take days or weeks to manifest. By the time patients recognize that they've been injured, they may have been living with this condition for a long time.
At Dr. Dower Chiropractor, we're experts at recognizing whiplash, even in its early stages. We can help you get the recovery you need even before you can tell you have a problem. This helps minimize the disruption caused by your injury and can help you avoid complications.
Contact Dr. Dower for Whiplash Treatment Today
As your downtown Toronto chiropractic clinic, Dr. Brian Dower Chiropractor can help you recover from a recent accident. If you've been involved in a car accident or suspect that you have whiplash, don't hesitate to call. Call us at (416) 920-7275.